Holberton School is hiring a Strategic Partnerships Manager to help us build an amazing recruiting experience for our students, alumni, and corporate partners. You love helping students or alumni through the process of finding their next opportunity. Your goal is to build tools and processes to help with the placement of hundreds of Software Engineers a year.
You will be primarily responsible for managing relationships with students, alumni, and corporate partners. Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and execute on the overall Holberton School Talent strategy
- Manage relationships with our students and alumni as they go through job and internship search/matching/placement processes
- Reach out to and onboard recruiting companies and maintain the relation
- Schedule and plan engagement events such as Talent Fair
The position is different from a traditional technical recruiting role:
- Build systems and automation - Holberton School is a software organization and as a result, we are interested in building, along with our Tools team, streamlined processes and automated systems around the talent placement experience. Part of the role is an interest in both analyzing and designing a better way to match candidates and companies.
- Alumni community - Holberton School has been running for 3 years and has now enrolled over 300 students. Part of the role is to maintain a relation, assist and guide alumni in the search of their next opportunity.
- Partner relationships - Holberton School has students working at top companies including LinkedIn, Google, Dropbox, Apple, Pinterest, Tesla, NASA. Part of the relation is to maintain and increase relationships with all existing recruiting companies.
We are a small team of mission-driven individuals and are looking for a core member to join us and build an amazing talent placement experience both for students and employers. Who are looking for someone who is self-driven, creative and is willing to execute.
The ideal candidate:
- Understand the tech industry landscape
- Has technical literacy (high-level understanding of the technical stack ranging from front-end, back-end, system, etc.)
- Has an existing network of Hiring Manager and HR recruiting folks
- Has excellent written and verbal communications
- Has a clear understanding of the recruiting process and the ability to optimize and streamline
- Can design a talent placement system that scale (leveraging software and/or human intervention)
About Holberton School
Holberton School offers a two-year higher-education program to become a full-stack Software Engineer. Through project-based and peer learning, Holberton School’s students unleash their creativity and naturally learn how to work as a team to solve practical challenges.
Holberton is a revolutionary new type of software engineering school that "has no teachers, no lectures, and no upfront tuition" (Fast Company) and "helps inexperienced programmers land jobs at Apple" (CNN). It is not only disrupting the education landscape; it is literally changing the face of Silicon Valley. While the rest of the technology ecosystem struggles with diversity, Holberton school is 40 percent female and 53 percent minority (New York Times).
Our innovative project-based, hands-on educational model is supported by tech leaders Jeff Weiner (CEO of LinkedIn), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo!), and Solomon Hykes (founder of Docker). Students learn while tackling relevant real-world projects, supported by tech industry mentors. Our approach works: Holberton graduates land software engineering jobs at the most-competitive tech companies in the world -- not just Apple, but also Tesla, LinkedIn, and NASA -- complete with high starting salaries and an incredible network of tech leaders and peers.
Holberton opens up these coveted positions to a highly diverse set of high-potential students insufficiently served by traditional high schools and colleges and/or lacking the resources to attend pricey prestigious schools. R&B singer Ne-YO is so enthusiastic about our potential to bring more minorities into the tech sector that he joined the board of trustees (Business Insider).
Life at Holberton School
Holberton School provides a unique environment that enables a healthy balance of hard and enriching work, opportunities and support for career growth, and a strong sense of teamwork and community. This role will join an international environment where they will constantly be discussing ideas, learning new skills, and sharing their knowledge in a great location with a motivated team. Holberton School creates a place where people not only aspire to work at, but are inspired daily to stay.
Our employees describe our culture as:
- Empowering, innovative, fun, fun, fun
- Collaborative, team-oriented, supportive
- Great place to learn and grow
- Passionate, hardworking
- Open, Transparent
Perks of Working at Holberton:
- Be a part of the core team
- Friday Team lunch
- Unlimited Coffee
- Flexible schedule
- Network with influential Tech leaders
- COOL EVENTS, ALL ZE TIME