- New Haven, CT
About Holberton School
Holberton School is a two-year college alternative full-stack software engineering program.
Through intensive project-based and peer learning, students cultivate their creativity and learn how to solve a range of practical challenges collaboratively.
About the Role
Are you ready to be part of something great? Do you have a passion for Tech and education?
Holberton School is looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and talented Software Engineer who will accompany, support and advise students during their educational journey.
The education lead and Software Engineering expert will guide students through the duration of the program, answering technical questions and advising students along the way as they work on various projects in collaboration with their peers.
This is an opportunity to fill a critical, rewarding and impactful role in a fast-growing company with a focus on excellence in education and a dynamic, fast-paced and energizing work environment.
The Software Engineer & Education Lead will be responsible for:
- Student Performance & Academic Progress
- Monitor student performance ongoing by reviewing project results with students, discussing the need for improvements and helping to craft a path to success
This includes running academic reviews and one-on-one meetings with students
- Advise the School Director on students’ academic performance, their motivation and internship placement related challenges
- Curriculum Maintenance & Tech Community Networks
- Consistently grow the Schools network of supporters and ensure the School’s curriculum remains up-to-date and relevant to the needs of the regional business community by:
- Establishing and managing relationships with the local Tech community
- Interfacing with mentors/advisors and various corporate partners as needed
- Lead and/or support the approach and planning of school events in partnership with the Marketing & Community Manager, with a primary focus on technical events
- Career Preparation
- In partnership with Marketing & Community Manager, help prepare students for careers in software engineering
- This includes conducting mock interviews, helping with resume reviews, and advising students on the overall job search processes, etc.
- Manage Technical Staff
- Manage and direct activities of all Technical Advisers (TAs) and other future local academic and technical staff
Our stack in curriculum
Below are some of technologies used and taught during the program (Note: we are using MANY others, these are only the highlights):
- HTML and CSS
Life at Holberton School
Holberton School offers a unique culture and environment consisting of enriching and rewarding work as well as career growth, all in the context of a collaborative community.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated, dynamic team where constant idea development, skill acquisition, and knowledge sharing are foundational.
At Holberton School, people are inspired and aspire to do great work every day.
- This role is based in New Haven, CT and requires the ability to travel ~10%
- 3+ years of experience working as a software engineer or in CS education*
- Strong passion for education and developing others
- Self-aware; ability to build and maintain strong relationships and inspire/motivate others
- Open-minded team player with a desire to "build & create"
*Note: we do NOT require that you have a CS degree. If you have one, good for you, if you don't have any degree at all, good for you, too!