- New Haven, CT
About Holberton School
Holberton School is a two-year college alternative full-stack software engineering program.
Through intensive project-based and peer learning, students cultivate their creativity and learn how to solve a range of practical challenges collaboratively.
About the Role
Are you ready to be part of something great? Holberton School is looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and talented Office Manager to join our team in New Haven.
This is a unique opportunity to fill a critical role in a fast-growing company with a focus on excellence in education and a dynamic, fast-paced and energizing work environment.
The Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Student Engagement & Management
- Manage day-to-day student-related issues; interface with students to drive student engagement in partnership with Software Engineer and Marketing & Community Manager
- Meet with students who are falling behind to understand and remove roadblocks
- Lead, record and publish daily Stand-Ups
- Support and give feedback on student presentations
- Student Administration (Recruitment, Enrollment, Withdrawals & Accommodations)
- Manage and/or support all recruitment efforts in partnership with the Marketing & Community Manager to ensure steady flow of applicants
- Support the interview process during admissions, including interviewing candidates during Level 3
- General systems administration: Manage enrollment, transfers and withdrawals
- Source accommodation options for students, e.g. through partnerships with local dorms
- General Office Management
- Ensure all visitors to the School are greeted warmly and signed-in/registered securely
- This includes interfacing with security company and/or designing and following process for name tags, NDAs, etc. as necessary
- Manage book-keeping and documentation of basic expenses (potentially with help from external vendor)
- Maintain and care for the space; ensure everything is clean, and that the rules of the space are respected by all students and staff
- Manage distribution of office supplies
- Assist Director & Marketing Manager as needed
- E.g. social media support and event planning & management assistance
- Schedule speakers and coordinate visits to the school as well as presentations via live streaming
- Various administrative tasks
Life at Holberton School
Holberton School offers a unique culture and environment consisting of enriching and rewarding work as well as career growth, all in the context of a collaborative community.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated, dynamic team where constant idea development, skill acquisition, and knowledge sharing are foundational.
At Holberton School, people are inspired and aspire to do great work every day.
- This role is based in New Haven CT and may require the ability to travel
- 2+ years of experience in office management; prior experience in an academic setting a plus but not required
- Strong, poised communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-aware; can do attitude and commitment to creating exceptional experiences for students and visitors
- Open-minded team player with a desire to "build & create"