- New Haven, CT
About Holberton School
Holberton School is a two-year college alternative full-stack software engineering program. Through intensive project-based and peer learning, students cultivate their creativity and learn how to solve a range of practical challenges collaboratively.
About the Role
Are you ready to be part of something great? Holberton School is looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and talented Marketing & Community Manager focused on student acquisition and retention to join our team in New Haven. This is a unique opportunity to fill a critical role in a fast-growing company with a focus on excellence in education and a dynamic, fast-paced and energizing work environment.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Student Acquisition & Marketing
- Determine marketing strategy and serve as point person for all marketing engagements; partner with vendors/media companies to execute, track and manage campaigns
- Help to generate a consistent pipeline of applicants and increase enrollment through:
- Coordinating and participating in state-wide events, including college fairs
- Interacting with local community and press to promote awareness of the School
- Establishing and managing relationships with local high schools, colleges and community organizations in partnership with the School’s Director
- Develop and manage the Social Media presence of the School
- Manage the social networks in line with the School’s brand and voice
- Grow library of local content by writing content / creating videos about students, mentors and school related projects
- Student Retention
- Foster student engagement and mitigate student attrition through proactively ensuring students are thriving in all aspects of the program with support from the Office Manager and with input from the Software Engineer
- Manage and track student satisfaction and progress
- Run various student meetings and conduct one-on-ones to learn about and understand the student experience and overall engagement/morale of the student body
- Share improvement suggestions with the Director of the School and develop implementation strategies
- Internal and External Event Management
- Organize events at the school and in the community, including school open houses
- Make sure students are prepared for Fireside Chat sessions
- Make sure events are recorded and published (internally as a resource for students and externally to promote the school)
- Prepare speakers (e.g. mentors and other corporate partners or industry experts)
- Career Preparation
- In partnership with Software Engineer, help prepare students for careers in software engineering
- This includes organizing mock interviews, helping with resume reviews, and advising on the job application processes, etc.
Life at Holberton School
Holberton School offers a unique culture and environment consisting of enriching and rewarding work as well as career growth, all in the context of a collaborative community. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated, dynamic team where constant idea development, skill acquisition, and knowledge sharing are foundational. At Holberton School, people are inspired and aspire to do great work every day.
- This role is based in New Haven, CT and requires the ability to travel within CT ~20%
- 2+ years of experience developing and leading marketing and social media campaigns as well as event management
- Strong, poised communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-aware; ability to build and maintain strong relationships and drive engagement
- Open-minded team player with a desire to "build & create"