Holberton is a revolutionary new type of software engineering school that "has no teachers, no lectures, and no upfront tuition" (Fast Company) and "helps inexperienced programmers land jobs at Apple" (CNN). It is not only disrupting the education landscape; it is literally changing the face of Silicon Valley. While the rest of the technology ecosystem struggles with diversity, Holberton school is 40 percent female and 53 percent minority (New York Times). We are driven by a passion to enable people all over the world from all walks of life to learn how to code.
The Software team plays a critical role in this mission: we are building tools for scaling our education model. Between our website, application process, intranet, correction system, containers on demand and other various systems, we are providing a solution for a complete automated education.
- Build, lead and mentor a new engineering team
- Design, architecture & implement features for our users (applicants, students, professional advisors and staff members)
- Maintain and improve our production infrastructure
- Contribute to and improve our engineering standards, toolings, and processes
- Ensure the availability, latency, performance and efficiency of Holberton’s platform
- Provide technical and end-user documentation
- Report directly to the CTO
- 8+ years of software development experience (web or mobile)
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Great oral and written communication skills in English
- Willing to share ownership of the project and its code with all members
- Ability to independently manage a project
- Ability to export, structure and display data for analysis
- Experience with Git
Nice to have:
- Developed B2B products
- Experience with these technologies:
- Python 3
- and more...
Why working for Holberton:
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about scaling education and caring about student’s growth
- Contribute tangibly to our core product, bringing value to our students each and every week
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning
- A relaxed working environment with regular social activities
- An international, English speaking work environment with the opportunity to visit other campuses
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Competitive pay and equity
- Enjoy premium health insurance, healthy snacks every day
This position is based in Paris or remote in France