Holberton is a revolutionary new type of software engineering school that "has no teachers, no lectures, and no upfront tuition" (Fast Company) and "helps inexperienced programmers land jobs at Apple" (CNN). It is not only disrupting the education landscape; it is literally changing the face of Silicon Valley. While the rest of the technology ecosystem struggles with diversity, Holberton school is 40 percent female and 53 percent minority (New York Times). We are driven by a passion to enable people all over the world from all walks of life to learn how to code.
The Business Development team plays an important role in this mission. With 6 campuses live (San Francisco, CA, New Haven, Connecticut in the US, and Bogota, Medellin and Cali, in Colombia and Tunis in Tunisia) we’re only just getting started.
As Business Development Manager for EMEA, you will help contribute to Holberton’s revenue and growth by primarily developing and expanding our network of schools and campuses in EMEA.
You will create and execute strategic sales plans, hitting (and exceeding) growth objectives, and disseminate knowledge back to the organization through a transparent and consistent feedback loop.
You will source and develop new opportunities, and assess leads and opportunities from the existing pipeline, prioritize opportunities and close deals on new school campuses in alignment with Holberton’s high level priorities and mission.
You’ll own the relationship with the prospects and leads and grow the opportunity to close. You’ll also set the direction of where this offering can go, lead across many internal functions and create campus strategy to drive meaningful business results for the campus and Holberton.
You will also help build partnerships with companies and entities that offer products and services that would provide both significant benefits to students as well as a revenue opportunity for Holberton.
Lastly, you’ll work with the product, marketing and customer success teams to drive optimal student benefits and value to Holberton. You will leverage your network in order to structure unique partnerships that add value to both Holberton and our campuses.
- Develop and execute business development strategy for established campuses and yet-to-be-launched campuses in Holberton’s pipeline.
- Navigate your way to prospects and potential campus partners through your existing network and continue to grow your network to facilitate relationship-building.
- Work closely with product, design, legal/compliance, risk, engineering, analytics, and customer success teams to identify and engage opportunities to grow both distribution, and revenues.
- Use analytical resources to prioritize, measure, and optimize opportunities.
- Travel to visit target partners required.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in edtech, partnerships and business development.
- Passion for education and a strong belief in Holberton’s mission.
- Analytical grounding and thought process in order to both prioritize opportunities and evaluate performance.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners.
- Proven track record of relationship development, contract negotiation, problem solving and spearheading new initiatives.
- Ability to shift seamlessly from big picture strategic thinking to detailed operations and tactical execution.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and quickly with both non-technical and technical internal & external teams.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills.
- Ability to listen well, hold your own in meetings with senior executive representatives from prospective partners, and speak as a thought-leader in this space.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to focus and thrive under minimal guidance.
- Strong network of existing, leverageable relationships preferred but not required.
- MBA or comparable experience preferred.
- Strong team spirit and willingness to learn.
- Love for problem solving and getting things done.
- Foreign languages a plus.
This position will be based in the EMEA