Open to anyone
Holberton School is open to anyone who is between the ages of 18 and 128. No programming experience is required. Our selection process is based only on talent and motivation, with no consideration given to gender, nationality, ethnicity or social status.
Next cohort: January 28th, 2019
Applications are now open for the next cohorts: January 28th, 2019, January 28th, 2019, June 10th, 2019 and September 9th, 2019. There are limited spots available per cohort for the most passionate, dedicated and open-minded students who complete the application process.
The selection process
"I loved everything about the admission process, it was the most fun I have had in a very long time. I love to learn but never did I have so much fun doing it and also learning things I was intimidated by in the past. What I liked most was the school's engagement with the potential candidates. It makes you feel as though you are part of a true ecosystem."
Our selection process is based only on talent and motivation, and not on the basis of educational degree, or programming experience.
The selection process is the beginning of the curriculum as you will start learning through it. You do not need to know anything about programming to apply. It consists of four different levels:
- Level 0 - Fill out a short online form about yourself (~2 to 10 minutes) - Now open
- Level 1 - Small online projects and tests that you can do at your own pace (~2 to 10 hours) - Now open
- Level 2 (optional, depending on your Level 1 result) - A step by step challenge during which you will create your first website, with a specific deadline (2 weeks) - Now open
- Level 3 - Onsite or Remote interview - Now open
Applications are now open for our cohort of January 28th, 2019. Create an account and start with Level 0 right now!
"I liked that I learned a lot during my Holberton application! It was really the most engaging and useful application process I have ever been involved in. I told my friends they should apply just for the application experience!"
About Level 2
- Access a distant server using ssh
- Learn the very basics of the Linux command line
- Install a software on Linux
- Use the Emacs text editor
- Install a web server on Linux
- Read a configuration file
- And most importantly: search for information and help each other
Applications are now open for our cohort of June 2018. Create an account and start with Level 0 right now!
"The admission process was so much fun!